Dear Patrons and Family of A Different Booklist Cultural Centre (ADBCC) – The People’s Residence
We hope this email finds you and your families well in the current climate of COVID-19. As you are aware ADBCC prides itself on providing a warm, clean and inviting environment for our patrons, and activities. We have been monitoring the current situation locally and globally and have been keeping abreast of reports coming from the Toronto Public Health, Public Health Ontario, and the Canadian federal government.
As a result we are taking all necessary precautions to ensure that we meet health standards and provide an atmosphere that is safe for our patrons and visitors. These measures include enhanced cleaning and sanitizing measures, and limited contact through hugs, and hand shaking.
ADBCC strongly encourages its patrons and members who have travelled to countries and regions identified as having active travel and health notices for COVID-19 to postpone all events and/or attending events at ADBCC until the situation comes under control.
Prevention is always better than cure.
Everyday preventive actions to help reduce the spread of virus.
According to public health authorities, people are advised to:
- Refrain from handshakes/hugs
- If you have symptoms of a respiratory illness of any kind (e.g. fever, coughing, shortness of breath, etc.) please stay home and seek medical treatment.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- And If you are ill or not feeling well, stay home. Please be in touch with your medical professional to determine your next steps and/or evaluate your symptoms.
If you have events coming up where you or you know of someone in your group who is ill or not feeling well, please consider cancelling your event until the situation comes under control.
It is times and challenges like this that bring out the best in people and communities. We are confident that as a collective village we will overcome this pandemic. We also take this opportunity to acknowledge the good work being done on our behalf by our health care providers and responders. Let’s pull together as we show our common resilience and respect.
ADBCC will keep you updated as we move forward. We are Who We Are Because of Others
On behalf of the Board and Staff
of ADBCC – The People’s Residence