Terms & Conditions
Blackhurst Cultural Centre Logo Design Project Terms & Conditions:
- Participants who are not able to furnish all the components in the Submission Requirement won’t be eligible for the project.
- By submitting a design to this competition, you are accepting these Terms and Conditions.
- Blackhurst Cultural Centre (BCC) – The People’s Residence will not be in any way liable for any nonoriginal work submitted by you. BCC will maintain the right to further develop your design to suit the brand.
- Blackhurst Cultural Centre (BCC) – The People’s Residence will not acquire ownership of any unselected entries by assignment of copyright. BCC will acquire ownership of the selected logo and the winning designer will disclaim any trademarks and without limitation all other rights related to the design.
- Blackhurst Cultural Centre (BCC) – The People’s Residence will destroy all digital copies of any unselected logos. Artists of all the unselected logos will maintain the ownership of their submissions.
- By submitting a logo for entry in the competition, the designer acknowledges that they are the person that created the logo and its rightful owner. The designer also certifies that the logo does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and that it does not violate any copyright.
- For the reward decided by voting method, Blackhurst Cultural Centre (BCC) reserves the right to cancel any vote deemed unlawful or illegitimate and to make adjustments accordingly in calculating the number of votes received by the participant.
- Blackhurst Cultural Centre (BCC) is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
- Reward: Once selected by the design panel, the winner of the project will have their logo used as the official logo of Blackhurst Cultural Centre (BCC) – The People’s Residence. The logo will be used throughout for digital and print materials as the official logo for Blackhurst Cultural Centre (BCC) -The People’s Residence. They will also receive:
- 1-year Artist in Residence position for 2023/2024 with Blackhurst
- 2 exhibitions within the new space
- $1500 CDN grant
- Access to programming to help with skills development (Schulich e-certificate, entrepreneurship pop-up experience etc.)
- Merchandise pack: hoodie, water bottle and drawstring bag (Note: prizes may be substituted based on availability)
- The opportunity to design additional merchandise for the centre
- Note: Non cash prizes cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash.
Submitting a vote during the voting portion of the contest automatically enters you to receive weekly prizes. Prizes cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash. Prizes may include but are not limited to the following:
- Water bottle
- Drawstring bag
- Book pack
- Gift card (value to be determined)
- 1-yr Blackhurst Cultural Centre membership
Please Note: As of August 18, 2022;
The Blackhurst Logo Project terms and conditions have been updated to reflect:
- That all unselected artists will retain the rights to their work and all digital copies of the unselected logos will be destroyed after the project period has ended;
- The voter prizes have been updated to reflect weekly winners during the voting portion of the project. These prizes can be substituted and cannot be redeemed for cash value