Terms & Conditions
Blackhurst Cultural Centre Logo Design Contest Terms & Conditions:
- Participants who are not able to furnish all the components in the Submission Requirement won’t be eligible for the contest.
- By submitting a design to this competition, you are accepting these Terms and Conditions.
- You further agree that if your entry is shortlisted, you are assigning your entire right title and interest in your design to Blackhurst Cultural Centre The People’s Residence and you will not be entitled to receive any royalties or other consideration, now or in the future, for such assignment other than the contest benefits set forth. In such a case, Blackhurst Cultural Centre The People’s Residence will own your design and will have the exclusive right to use your design on a worldwide and exclusive basis.
- Blackhurst Cultural Centre – The People’s Residence will not be in any way liable for any nonoriginal work submitted by you. BCC will maintain the right to further develop your design to suit the brand.
- Blackhurst Cultural Centre – The People’s Residence will acquire ownership of all the entries by assignment of copyright, and the winning designer will disclaim any trademarks and without limitation all other rights related to the design.
- By submitting a logo for entry in the competition, the designer acknowledges that they are the person that created the logo and its rightful owner. The designer also certifies that the logo does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and that it does not violate any copyright.
- For the reward decided by voting method, Blackhurst Cultural Centre reserves the right to cancel any vote deemed unlawful or illegitimate and to make adjustments accordingly in calculating the number of votes received by the participant.
- Blackhurst Cultural Centre is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
- Reward: Once selected by the design panel, the winner of the contest will have their logo used as the official logo of Blackhurst Cultural Centre-The People’s Residence. The logo will be used throughout for digital and print materials as the official logo for Blackhurst Cultural Centre-The People’s Residence. They will also receive:
- 1-year Artist in Residence position for 2023/2024 with Blackhurst
- 2 exhibitions within the new space
- $1500 grant
- Access to programming to help with skills development (Schulich e-certificate, entrepreneurship pop-up experience etc.)
- Merchandise pack: hoodie, water bottle and drawstring bag
- The opportunity to design additional merchandise for the centre
Submitting a vote during the voting portion of the contest automatically enters you to receive a prize pack. The winning voter will receive a:
- Water bottle
- Drawstring bag
- Book pack
- Gift card (value to be determined)
- 1-yr Blackhurst Cultural Centre membership